Planning and Zoning
Miamisburg Planning Department prepares, maintains, and enforces the City’s land use regulations to protect the public health, safety, and general welfare, and also provide for and guide the physical growth and development of the City.
- Provide research, analysis, preparation, and recommendation of all land use legislation pending before the City Council.
- Provide support to the Miamisburg Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) and other related boards created by the City Council.
- Provide residents and the general public with assistance regarding planning, zoning and subdivision questions.
- Ensure projects meet the intent and vision of the City’s Land Use Plan, Strategic Plan, and any other plan approved by the Planning Commission or City Council.
- Evaluate and report upon community statistics and trends in land use theory and practice.
- Prepare and maintain various maps for the City, including the Zoning Map.