FAQ Topic: Services & Safety

Who can I call to resolve potential eviction issues?

The Dayton Mediation Center supports homelessness prevention through its landlord/tenant program throughout Montgomery County.  This program strives to assist people in their efforts to maintain  housing by providing mediation, conflict coaching, landlord/tenant education and referrals to agencies that can offer additional support, such as rental assistance.  For information, call (937) 333-2349.

Is open burning permitted in Miamisburg?

Open burning is only permitted for small recreational fires (e.g. fire pits).  More information is available at (937) 560-2152 and http://www.miamivalleyfiredistrict.org

Is there a library in Miamisburg?

The Dayton Metro Library system has a Miamisburg branch at 545 E. Linden Avenue.  Information is available at http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org

How do I file a noise complaint?

The City has a noise ordinance.  Complaints about the duration or volume of noises that unreasonably disturb the peace in residential areas should be directed to the Police Department at (937) 225-HELP.

How do I contact the Miamisburg Municipal Court?

The Miamisburg Municipal Court, serving Miamisburg, Miami Township, Germantown, West Carrollton and German Township, located at 10 N. First Street, Miamisburg, OH 45342  has a website at https://www.miamisburgcourts.com/ and can also be contacted by phone at (937) 866-2203.

How do I dispose of medications?

The Police Department has a drop-box where members of the public can dispose of their unused medications.  The box is located in the Department’s lower level in the Miamisburg Civic Center.

Where is the nearest hospital?

Kettering Health Miamisburg is located on State Rte. 725 between Alexandersville and Gebhart Church roads.  For details, visit www.ketteringhealth.org.  There is also a Miami Valley Emergency Center at 300 Austin West Blvd.  For details, visit www.premierhealth.com. 

Close window